The avocado was supposed to go into sushi but I cooked all the Japanese rice we had to make oyakudon. Sam looked at the lonely avocado ruefully, suggested that we make a salad with it then she commandeered my computer to search for recipes. But I didn’t need any recipe. I knew exactly how I would make the salad.
How to make: Vegan avocado, tomato and onion salad
- Cut the avocado; discard the stone. Cut the flesh into half-inch cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes and onion into half-inch cubes as well.
- Place the avocado, tomato and onion cubes in a bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and lemon. Add the salt, sugar and pepper. Toss lightly but thoroughly (using the hands works best).
- Sprinkle the parsley and onion leaves on top and enjoy!