With the scorching heat of summer, I often feel that life sucks in a huge way. But when I get up in the morning and there’s a delicious brunch waiting on the table and I didn’t even have to lift a finger to get it there, life is suddenly wonderful. Speedy cooked this asparagus and cheese omelet this morning. And I didn’t even know we had asparagus! In fact, I’m supposed to go to the supermarket today because we’re out of anything to cook. Apparently, Speedy had been planning on cooking this omelet for a couple of days and when he went to pick up Sam at the condo yesterday, he passed by the supermarket to buy asparagus. Sweet, eh? The omelet was delicious.
Asparagus and cheese omeletPrint Pin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 eggs beaten
- cheese whatever kind you prefer, as much as you like, grated or sliced
- 1 bunch baby asparagus cut into thirds, blanched and drained
- Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Pour in the beaten eggs. The eggs will cook along the edges first, push them inward to allow the still gooey eggs to flow to the edges. Keep doing this until everything is almost firm. Cooking the omelet this way gives it more volume.
- Put all the cheese you want to add on one half of the omelet.
- Top with the blanched asparagus.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Fold the omelet.
- Slide onto a plate and serve with toasted bread. Enjoy the omelet while hot and the cheese is still gooey. Delicious!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.