For the meatballs
- Mix together all the ingredients for the meat balls. Form into balls about 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the meatballs in hot oil, rolling the balls around in oil to brown evenly. Once lightly browned, remove from the wok or skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Heat a sauce pan or casserole. Transfer a tablespoon of cooking oil from the frying pan.
- Saute the garlic and onion until the onion is soft.
- Pour in the broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add the meat balls. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Taste and add patis and pepper, as needed.
- Off the heat, add the misua and cover for another five minutes.
- Transfer to a soup tureen and top with sliced scallions. Serve hot.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.