It’s the first weekend of the 2016 Summer Olympics and I know that a lot of you are glued to your TVs to catch the games. But you still have to eat, right? Why not prepare easy meals — portable food, in other words — that you can easily transport from the kitchen to the family room? Like these beef quesadillas that Alex made.
Strict parents who won’t allow TV watching ahead of meals but the Olympic Games only happen every four years. Perhaps, some leniency won’t kill anyone nor their sense of discipline.
Now, about these beef quesadillas…
Alex makes tortilla from scratch but if that’s too much outside your comfort zone, just grab good-quality tortillas from the bakeshop or the grocery.
Alex's Beef QuesadillasPrint Pin
- Brown the ground beef in a very hot frying pan. If your beef has enough fat, you won't need cooking oil at all.
- When the meat is nicely browned, turn down the heat to medium and add the chopped onion, garlic, chilies, oregano and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or two until the onion bits caramelize a bit.
- Prepare a skillet or a clean frying pan for toasting the quesadillas.
- Spoon the cooked ground beef on one half of each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold to close.
- Toast the filled tortillas on both sides until spotted and crisp.
- Cut each beef quesadilla in half (optional, really). Place on a plate and enjoy while while watching the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.
More easy-to-prepare dishes that you can enjoy while watching the Olympic Games:
Grilled cheese and pesto sandwiches
Taco salad with spicy garlic dressing
Salami and cucumber mini-sandwiches
Hash browns topped with salsa
2-cheese pizza with puff pastry crust
Beer-battered fish and chips
And here’s a list of drinks you can enjoy with or after your meal: