Adosilog (Adobo, Garlic Fried Rice and Egg)
Garlic fried rice
To complete your adosilog
- cooked pork adobo or chicken adobo, if you prefer
- eggs fried sunny side up
Cook the garlic fried rice
- Set a frying pan on the stove over the lowest possible setting.
- Pour in the oil and stir in the garlic.
- Leave the garlic to steep in the oil, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. The process takes three to five minutes depending on the thickness of your pan. Do not allow the garlic bits to brown too much since they will continue cooking after the rice is added.
- Turn the heat to high then add the rice to the garlic and oil.
- Sprinkle in salt.
- Cook, stirring and tossing continuously to avoid burning the garlic bits, just until the rice is heated through.
- Taste and add more salt, as needed.
Assemble your adosilog
- Press garlic fried rice into a small bowl and invert on a plate.
- Arrange the fried eggs and pork adobo around the rice.
- Top the rice with fried garlic (purely optional) and sprinkle finely sliced scallions over the rice, pork and eggs.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.