Based on the corn muffins a la Kenny Rogers in the archive, these mini muffins are made tastier with the addition of three different kinds of cheese and chopped parsley. I used jalapeño cheddar (found at S&R), feta and mozzarella. Hot cheddar, salty feta and gooey mozzarella. You can use some other cheese combination if you want to create a different contrast of flavors.
These mini muffins are great for breakfast, they can be packed into lunchboxes or carried to picnics. Since they’re best while the cheeses are soft, if you decide to pack and carry them, keep them in an insulated container to allow them to stay warm.
3-cheese Mini Corn MuffinsPrint Pin
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cubed sharp cheddar (if you can find jalapeño cheddar, the better)
- 1/4 cup cubed feta
- 1/4 cup cubed mozzarella
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- shredded corn from one small cob
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the holes of the mini muffin pan(s) with paper cups.
- In a bowl, whisk the softened butter, sugar, honey and egg until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- Pour in the milk slowly, mixing as you pour.
- Add the cheeses and parsley to the batter. Fold gently.
- Add the corn kernels and continue folding until all the solid ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan(s). Bake at 350F for 20 minutes (for medium-sized muffins, bake for an additional five to seven minutes).
- Cool the muffins in the pan(s) for a few minutes.
- Lift the muffins on one side then tilt them so that air can circulate to prevent trapped steam from condensing inside the holes which can make the muffins soggy.
- Serve the muffins warm.