Today’s brunch consisted of sausages and eggs. But not fried like they’re usually served. This fast-cooking, tasty meal has everything in it, including a generous amount of vegetable, and it is cooked a la oyakodon — with eggs, lightly stirred, and a little sauce. It’s a little salty, subtly sweet and very tasty. I call it my 10-minute Chinese sausage, spinach and eggs stir fry.
Simple to make. Cooks in ten minutes flat including preparation time.
Yes, ten minutes. The actual cooking time is only five minutes. Let me show you.
During the first minute of cooking, the slices of Chinese sausages are browned and the onions are thrown in.
In the next two minutes, the spinach are added and the seasonings are poured in.
The beaten eggs are poured and stirred in. The heat is turned off and the eggs cook in the residual heat.
Five minutes to prepare the ingredients; five minutes to cook them together.
10-minute Chinese Sausage, Spinach and Eggs Stir Fry
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the sausages and cook until they start to render some fat, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach. Pour in the wine and soy sauce. Cook, stirring often, for about two minutes or until the leaves go limp.
- Pour in the eggs in a circular motion. When partially set, stir lightly then turn off the heat. Leave to allow the eggs to cook in the residual heat for about a minute.
- Serve the delicious 10-minute Chinese sausage, spinach and eggs stir fry with hot rice.