I wish that I could write some family anecdote to go with this dish but my head is somewhere else. I’m on a Game of Thrones marathon, I already stayed up all night to watch Season 1, I probably should get some sleep soon but, after posting this, I want to finish Season 2. And, when I’m done with Season 3, I’ll probably be reading the books on which the series is based. I already checked Amazon and the first four books (Kindle for iPad version) are available as a set. After that, I’ll have to get the fifth book separately.
So there. No anecdote nor backstory about this dish. Just stuffed zucchini recipe.
Recipe: Vegetarian stuffed zucchini
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. of grated garlic
- 3 to 4 tbsps. of chopped parsley
- 50 to 60 g. of cheese (any variety that melts well)
- about 2 tsps. of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the centers, leaving about half an inch of flesh attached to the skin.
- Sprinkle both zucchini halves with salt and pepper.
- Chop the scooped out zucchini flesh and toss with the chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixed vegetables into the hollowed out centers of the zucchini halves. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve as a starter dish or a main dish.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1