Got overripe fruits? Make the easiest dessert ever. Top with whipped cream and a whole cherry and you got yourself a dessert that’s pretty and delicious and, best of all, very inexpensive.
Speedy did this, not me. He was cleaning out the fridge, I guess he didn’t want to throw anything away so he made a sorbet. Even the idea of adding whipped cream and cherries was his.
Recipe: Strawberry and mango sorbet
- 2 c. of very ripe strawberries
- 1 c. of very ripe mangoes
- Dice the fruits.
- Throw into a blender. Puree. Add sugar to taste and pulse a few times to melt the sugar and blend.
- Transfer to a freezer container and freeze.
- For best results, rake with a fork every hour or few hours to break the ice crystals so that you get a smoother sorbet.
You can change the proportion by using more or less of each of the fruits.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6