Serve your omelet as a cupcake
Perhaps, I ought to declare this week as I Love Eggs! Week. After posting the Thai egg strips recipe, I remembered that I had this old recipe for omelet cooked as cupcakes but published (yes, probably mis-filed) in my other blog (and I’m pretty sure you’ve never seen it). So, I thought I’d move the recipe over here to make the I Love Eggs! Week experience complete.
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 large onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil, for sauteing
- 6 eggs
- sardines in oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps. of finely sliced onion leaves, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375oF.
- Lightly brush 10 cupcake tins with vegetable oil (I used silicone cups so I skipped this part).
- Chop the onion and bell peppers. Saute in vegetable oil until they start to turn soft, about 3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the sardines, well-drained, (break them up to fit into the pans), some salt, pepper and the sauteed onion and bell peppers. Add some finely sliced onion leaves, if you like.
- Spoon the mixture into the oiled cupcake tins, about ⅘ full. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.