The vegetables are cooked in butter, yogurt is poured in to create a creamy sauce then cooked pasta is added and everything is tossed together. The dish is garnished with chopped parsley and toasted nuts. So tasty. I know that Sam loved it because she finished everything in that bowl in a very short time.
The obvious question: what vegetables are ideal for a pasta dish like this? Ones that retain their shape and remain lightly crisp after pan frying. Not leafy vegetables, for sure. I chose zucchini, cauliflower and bell peppers.
- 2 tbsps. of butter
- ¼ c. of diced bell pepper
- ¼ c. of diced zucchini
- ¼ c. of cauliflower florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps. of chopped onion
- ½ tsp. of minced garlic
- ½ c. of plain yogurt
- ¾ to 1 c. of cooked pasta
- chopped parsley and roasted nuts, to garnish
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and cauliflower florets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about three minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for another half a minute.
- Pour in the yogurt. Stir. Taste and add more salt and pepper, as needed.
- When the sauce is simmering, add the cooked pasta. Cook, tossing, until the pasta is heated through and has soaked up the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and nuts before serving.