Categorized as a “ladies’ drink” (why, I have no idea), this is a bright-looking and fresh-tasting cocktail that is both zesty and sweet. It gets its beautiful color from grenadine, its punch from whiskey and its zing and aroma from fresh lemons.
Recipe: New York cocktail
- 4 oz. of whiskey (I used Southern Comfort)
- 1 and 1/2 oz. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsps. of superfine sugar (I suggest substituting lemon infused simple syrup)
- 1 tsp. of grenadine
- lemon slices, to garnish
- Pour all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Drop in about four ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Make again.
- Serve again.
- And so on, and so forth.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2