Mixed vegetables with honey-yogurt-mustard sauce
It’s really the sauce that makes this dish distinctive. The combination of vegetables is very much changeable. You can even use only one variety of vegetable; cauliflower or broccoli are great choices. I just went with a combination because Sam prefers her food like that with contrast in color, shape and texture. Note that if using a combination of vegetables and the chosen vegetables require varying lengths of cooking time, cut the vegetables that require longest to cook in smaller pieces so that everything cooks at about the same time.
Recipe: Mixed vegetables with honey-yogurt-mustard sauce
- 2 tbsps. of butter
- 2 c. of diced vegetables (I used chayote, squash and cauliflower)
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 3 tbsps. of plain mustard
- 3 tbsps. of yogurt
- 2 tbsps. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- toasted sesame seeds (any color is fine)
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until softened a bit.
- Add the garlic, tomato and onion. Continue cooking just until the vegetables are done.
- Stir together the mustard, yogurt and honey. Pour into the pan. Stir. Bring to a simmer then turn off the heat. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1