Holiday eating got too heavy? Have something for breakfast that doesn’t require chewing — a milk shake with everything in it including caffeine to wake you up, sugar to give you that needed morning boost and a touch of mint to refresh your senses.
Based on a recipe from the Food Network.
Recipe: Minty vanilla mocha shake
- 1/2 c. of milk (I used non-fat)
- 2 tbsps. of cocoa powder
- 2 tsps. of instant coffee
- 1 c. of vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 to 3 drops of mint extract
- 6 ice cubes
- sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Heat the milk, cocoa and coffee in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Pour the softened ice cream into the blender, add the milk mixture and mint extract. Pulse a few times just until smooth.
- Drop the ice cubes into glasses, pour in the milk shake, top with fresh mint leaves and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2