Kate Sedgwick in Matador Nights sums up nicely what Cinco de Mayo is about: “Really, it’s an American holiday, and we celebrate it the way we do all holidays with other cultures as their focus (St. Patrick’s Day and Oktoberfest, for example): By getting blind drunk.” And it is from Ms. Sedgwick’s article that Speedy and I got this recipe for México Lindo.
I’m not selling alcohol. I’m not a promoter for Cinco de Mayo either. I admit, however, that I am a huge fan of Mexican food and drinks including this México Lindo which we liked so very much. If you should decide to mix a México Lindo on May 5, just remember that there is so much more to Cinco de Mayo than getting blind drunk.
- 2 shots of Tequila (measure with a shot glass)
- juice of one lime or lemon
- 2 generous splashes of Blue Curaçao
- Maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Half fill a shaker with ice.
- Pour in the Tequila, juice and Blue Curaçao. Shake.
- Pour into a martini glasses garnished with Maraschino cherries.