I didn’t die. I’m not sick. I didn’t go on a vacation. And I’m not pregnant. There’s another project I was busy with and it’s shaping up well already. But that’s for another post. Right now, I’m back and here is the recipe for a delicious pasta dish that Speedy and I had for lunch a couple of days ago.
Tomato-cream sauce? Yep. You know, tomato sauce plus cream. Similar to the one in the mighty meaty pasta with tomato cream sauce recipe. The difference is that instead of using plain tomatoes, I used sun-dried tomatoes. Ah, the difference that made.
Recipe: Meatballs and pasta with tomato-cream sauce
- about 60 g. of pasta (or whatever the usual amount you use for two people)
For the meatballs:
- 250 g. of ground pork
- 1/4 c. of finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsps. of finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 1/4 c. of bread crumbs (I used panko but you can use any plain bread crumbs)
For the tomato-cream sauce:
- 2 tbsps. of butter
- 1/2 c. of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 c. of chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. of minced garlic
- 1 c. of good quality broth
- 100 g. of cheddar, crumbled
- 1/2 c. of cream
- about 25 sweet basil leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the meatballs and sauce.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs. Form into balls about an inch-and-a-half in diameter.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Cook the meatballs until nicely browned. Scoop out the meatballs with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the remaining butter, add the garlic, onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for about a minute or until slightly softened.
- Pour in the broth. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about five minutes. Add the crumbled cheddar, cream and basil. Cook over low heat, with occasional stirring, until the cheese is melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve: Place the cooked pasta on plates. Top with meatballs. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and pasta.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2