How to make: Mango-lemon lassi
Lassi is essentially a yogurt-based drink that contains spices. Question: if a drink contains yogurt, plus milk, and has no spices whatsoever, is it still a lassi? Giada de Laurentiis thinks and says so. I’m not so sure how correct she is in the strict sense (I don’t add spices to my mango lassi either) but her mango-lime lassi recipe, as executed by Speedy, is simply delicious.
Note though that lemons were substituted for the limes because our lime tree hasn’t been bearing fruit lately. I’m not sure if it has gone barren or something.
- 1 to 2 ripe sweet mangoes, chilled
- 1 c. of whole milk, chilled
- 1/3 c. of sugar
- 1 pint of plain unsweetened yogurt, chilled
- juice of 4 lemons
- Cut the mangoes and discard the stones. Dice the flesh.
- Put the diced mangoes, milk, sugar and yogurt in the blender. Process until smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in the lemon juice. Pulse a few times just to mix it in.
- Pour the drink in chilled glasses and enjoy.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2 to 3