Butter and cream cheese, two of my favorite things in the world, come together with an array of herbs and spices to make this wonderful herbed cream cheese and butter spread that’s good on toast, crackers or even as a dip.
I had been sick. Fever. Chills. I hadn’t cooked in three days and it was getting frustrating because Sam will be having her birthday in two days and I always cook something special when someone has a birthday in my family.
Tonight, for the first time in three days, I felt better. I stood in the kitchen, muttered that I wanted to bake something, Speedy was adamant — no baking yet. Okay, fine. Maybe baking would be too much work for someone who is just getting rid of some bug.
But I was bored, I missed puttering in the kitchen, and I was really feeling so much better that when I came across a delicious-looking sandwich spread while browsing Pinterest, well… it’s not baking — it’s just mixing, really, and Speedy would have no reason to object.
Besides, we have so much cheese in the fridge. When we asked Sam what she wanted to eat on her birthday, she said cheese, cheese and cheese. And, yesterday, Speedy came home with an insane amount of cheese. I kid you not. I don’t think we’ve had so much cheese at any given time since the girls where still in high school and living with us seven days a week. So much cheese… Why not start doing something with them, right?
So, there was this herbed cheese and butter spread that I came across on Pinterest and I promptly went to work.
- 250 g. of butter, softened
- 250 g. of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley
- a pinch of dried basil
- a pinch of dried thyme
- about ¼ tsp. of celery salt
- regular salt, to taste
- a generous pinch of white pepper
- a pinch of sugar
- a pinch of garlic powder
- a pinch of onion powder
- Place the softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix together until smooth.
- And you try to prevent your husband from getting his hands on the thing until you have a had a chance to take photos.
- Spread the delicious herbed cream cheese and butter on toast and enjoy.