Everything tastes better with bacon — including egg salad sandwich
I have to admit that this post is about “rubbing it in.” And I have my friend and UP Law batch mate Raffy Aquino to thank for the link to an article that makes “skinny blogs” so last decade.
Cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra says the obsession with a low-fat diet has “paradoxically increased” the risk of heart disease.
Other experts have added their voices to his controversial call to end 40 years of advice to cut saturated fat – which has been described as “the greatest medical error of our time”.
They claim the guidance has left millions of people at risk of developing cardiovascular disease and “led to the over-medication of millions of people with statins”.
The public could just as effectively protect themselves by eating “real” food such as butter, milk and cheese and adopting the Mediterranean diet. [Source]
That said, if you’re a fan of egg salad sandwich (we are!), turn it up a notch by adding browned and crisp bacon bits to the basic egg and mayo filling. The extra effort is well worth the delightful eating experience.
In the archive, some very unexpected ways to use bacon:
- Macaroni, cheese and BACON salad
- BACON and pepper pancakes with cheese sauce
- Turon (banana spring rolls) with BACON and cheese
- BLT (BACON, lettuce and tomato) bruschetta
- Easy pan-fried scallops and BACON
- BACON-wrapped chicken satay
- Chunky guacamole with sage, BACON and blue cheese
- BACON-wrapped siomai
- BACON tempura salad with yogurt and honey dressing
- BACON and egg mazemen