My corned beef sandwich recipe
I’ve always thought that ham sandwich was the epitome of comfort food, sandwich version, but I’ve changed my mind. About 80 percent of the corned beef that I made went straight between slices of bread. I really need to make space inside the fridge so that I can brine more beef to keep a constant and abundant supply of corned beef.
Seriously addictive. And you don’t even need a lot of additions and garnish to make a good corned beef sandwich. All it really takes is good corned beef and a dressing to balance and contrast with the saltiness of the meat. Vegetables may be added but they aren’t a requirement.
Recipe: Corned beef sandwich
- Place a slice of bread (or the bottom half of a whole bread) on a flat surface.
- Pile on the corned beef slices.
- Drizzle in the mango dressing.
- Top with onion and tomato slices, if using, and cover with another slice of bread (or the top half of a whole bread).
- Take a bite. A big one. And savor the succulent salty beef as it blends with the sweet-tangy dressing and the sharpness of raw onion.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): variable