I’ve always thought that ham sandwich was the epitome of comfort food, sandwich version, but I’ve changed my mind. About 80 percent of the corned beef that I made went straight between slices of bread. I really need to make space inside the fridge so that I can brine more beef to keep a constant and abundant supply of corned beef.
Seriously addictive. And you don’t even need a lot of additions and garnish to make a good corned beef sandwich. All it really takes is good corned beef and a dressing to balance and contrast with the saltiness of the meat. Vegetables may be added but they aren’t a requirement.
Recipe: Corned beef sandwich
- Place a slice of bread (or the bottom half of a whole bread) on a flat surface.
- Pile on the corned beef slices.
- Drizzle in the mango dressing.
- Top with onion and tomato slices, if using, and cover with another slice of bread (or the top half of a whole bread).
- Take a bite. A big one. And savor the succulent salty beef as it blends with the sweet-tangy dressing and the sharpness of raw onion.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): variable