10-minute Chinese sausage, spinach and eggs stir fry
Today’s brunch consisted of sausages and eggs. But not fried like they’re usually served. This fast-cooking, tasty meal has everything in it, including a generous amount of vegetable, and it is cooked a la oyakodon — with eggs, lightly stirred, and a little sauce. It’s a little salty, subtly sweet and very tasty. Simple to make too. Cooks in ten minutes flat including preparation time.
Recipe: Chinese sausage, spinach and eggs stir fry
- 2 Chinese sausages, cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- a bunch of spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- a splash of Chinese cooking wine
- soy sauce, to taste
- 2 to 3 eggs
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the sausages and cook until they start to render some fat, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach. Pour in the wine and soy sauce. Cook, stirring often, for about two minutes or until the leaves go limp.
- Pour in the eggs in a circular motion. When partially set, stir lightly then turn off the heat. Leave to allow the eggs to cook in the residual heat for about a minute.
- Serve with hot rice.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2